Thursday, February 14, 2008

uh...yeah...that's not a joke.

A few days ago, in the midst of that drunken night where I ended up running away from two guys I didn't know, I picked up an issue of The Onion. I was with this guy from Afghanistan, and I had to explain to him the value of fake news.

Today I saw him and he was asking me if I've ever heard of this other fake paper, some journal or whatnot, and I said I hadn't. "Well, it was really funny!" He told me. "There was this story about Bush giving everyone $1,000."

"Um..." I said. "Yeah...that's not a joke."

He thought I was fucking with him. Again.

"But..the fake news..."

"No, that was real news."

"But it was so funny! I thought..."

"No. That's really happening. Bush and Company really think that the way to boost our economy is to give everyone $1,000."

"So...no...you're kidding, right? You're joking."

This went on for about ten minutes. But, I mean, check out that photo! It really does look like something The Onion would run.

Read about this stupid-ass shit here. Who knows, maybe they're onto something. Well, at least the $100 billion will be spent on crappy clothes, processed foods, and booze rather than the war.

And while we're talking about The Onion...even they're behind Obama!


Poll: Bullshit Is Most Important Issue For 2008 Voters

No comments: